YNP Road Closure Dates:
2017 Spring Road Opening Dates
- April 21: Mammoth to Old Faithful; Madison to West Entrance; Norris to Canyon.
- May 5: Canyon Junction to Lake; Lake to East Entrance (Sylvan Pass).
- May 12: Lake to South Entrance; West Thumb to Old Faithful (Craig Pass); Tower Junction to Tower Fall.
- May 26: Tower Fall to Canyon Junction (Dunraven Pass); Beartooth Highway
- ALL SPRING ROAD OPENINGS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AND POSSIBLY DELAYED DUE TO GOVERNMENT JOB HIRING FREEZE INITIATED BY THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION (as of 02/13/17)
2017 Fall Road Closing Dates
- October 10: Dunraven Pass (Tower Fall to Canyon); Beartooth Pass (US 212 to Red Lodge, Montana) closed
- November 6: All roads close at 8:00 a.m., except the road between the North Entrance and the Northeast entrance.
General Road/Entrance Information:
- Road Construction Norris Geyser Basin to Golden Gate (south of Mammoth Hot Springs) for Summer 2017: Night Closures on this road, will take place between the hours of 10pm and 7am from June 1, 2017 through September 10, 2017. This road will be closed fully from September 10 – October 6, 2017. This stretch of road will be open with possible 30 minute delays from October 6, 2017 – November 15, 2017 when it will be closed for the season.
- Most park roads are CLOSED to auto travel between early November and late April.
- The road from the North Entrance at Gardiner, Montana, through the park to Cooke City, Montana, via Tower Junction is open to auto travel twenty-four hours a day, all year.
- U.S. Highway 212 is closed to auto travel just east of Cooke City from late fall to late spring.
Recommended Businesses in the Greater Yellowstone Area:
Eco-Friendly Custom Log Lodge (sleeps up to 8), Gardiner, Montana – yellowstonevacationnrental.net
If you appreciate “life’s little things”, experience this recently restored 1920’s log home. Yellowstone River front property in town (sleeps 6), Gardiner, Montana – vrbo.com/722279
Yellowstone Gateway Inn (up-scale, newly renovated kitchen suites), Gardiner, Montana – yellowstonegatewayinn.com
Double T River Ranch (115 acres of Private Montana Paradise), Clyde Park, Montana – doubletriverranch.com
Yellowstone Grill, Gardiner, MT – excellent breakfast and lunch options! Occasional live music… (typically closed Mondays).
Two Bit Saloon, Gardiner, MT – burgers, fries, shrimp tacos, soup… Occasional live music downstairs.
The Corral, Gardiner, MT – a burger and shake kinda place! Nice outside seating in good weather!
Iron Horse Bar and Grill, Gardiner, MT – variety menu (burger, steak, fish, pasta, salad, etc.). On the Yellowstone River!