YNP Road Closure Dates & Webcams:
2023 Spring Road Opening Dates
- April 21: Mammoth to Old Faithful; Madison to West Entrance; Norris to Canyon.
- May 5: Canyon Junction to Lake; Lake to East Entrance (Sylvan Pass).
- May 12: Lake to South Entrance; West Thumb to Old Faithful (Craig Pass); Tower Junction to Tower Fall.
- May 26: Canyon Village to Dunraven Pass/Chittenden Road (note Tower Fall to Chittenden Road is closed due to construction until 2022); Beartooth Highway
2022 Fall Road Closing Dates
- October 11: Beartooth Pass (US 212 to Red Lodge, Montana) closed
- November 7: All roads close at 8:00 a.m., except the road between the North Entrance and the Northeast entrance.
General Road/Entrance Information:
- Most interior park roads are CLOSED to auto travel between early November and late April.
- The road from the North Entrance at Gardiner, Montana, through the park to Cooke City, Montana, via Tower Junction is open to auto travel twenty-four hours a day, all year.
- U.S. Highway 212 is closed to auto travel just east of Cooke City from late fall to late spring.
Click on any link below to view :
Recommended Businesses in the Greater Yellowstone Area:
Wonderland Cafe & Lodge, (studio apartments to 2 bedroom suites) Gardiner, Montana – wonderlandcafeandlodge.com
Eco-Friendly Custom Log Lodge (sleeps up to 8), Gardiner, Montana – yellowstonevacationnrental.net
If you appreciate “life’s little things”, experience this recently restored 1920’s log home. Yellowstone River front property in town (sleeps 6), Gardiner, Montana – vrbo.com/722279
If you would like a recently built wooden home with a spectacular view from up on high, check out this place (sleeps 4), Gardiner, Montana – vrbo.com/997589
Yellowstone Gateway Inn (up-scale, newly renovated kitchen suites), Gardiner, Montana – yellowstonegatewayinn.com
Double T River Ranch (115 acres of Private Montana Paradise), Clyde Park, Montana – doubletriverranch.com
Wonderland Cafe & Lodge, Gardiner, MT – year-round dining (breakfast / lunch & dinner), fresh baked goods, wine, beer and coffee!
Yellowstone Grill, Gardiner, MT – excellent breakfast and lunch options! Occasional live music… (typically closed Mondays).
Two Bit Saloon, Gardiner, MT – burgers, fries, shrimp tacos, soup… Occasional live music downstairs.
The Corral, Gardiner, MT – a burger and shake kinda place! Nice outside seating in good weather!
Iron Horse Bar and Grill, Gardiner, MT – variety menu (burger, steak, fish, pasta, salad, etc.). On the Yellowstone River!
Montana’s Official Tourism Info Site (start planning your Montana Experience Now!) – visitmt.com
Cindy Goeddel Gallery – Cindy is a close friend and colleague. She is not only an amazing photographer, but an Adobe Lightroom Expert as well. From in-the-field photography knowledge to the final editing stage, Cindy is phenomenal. If you are interested in a unique photo workshop, I would highly recommend her packages… She does book out up to a year in advance, so plan your trips with her early!
Bozeman Camera & Repair Inc. – A must stop for any Yellowstone Park photographers if you are in need of anything photography related. The owner, Marshall and his staff are super knowledgeable, they are true experts in their field. Consider renting a camera, lens or tripod from them rather than using an on-line store as they have a wide selection. If you need an extra battery, memory card, etc., check out Bozeman Camera to help a small, locally owned business. You will be in excellent hands. Five Stars all the time!
Buffalo Bill Center of the West (by some accounts, “the Smithsonian of the West”), Cody, Wyoming – centerofthewest.org
Museum of the Rockies, Bozeman, Montana – museumoftherockies.org