YNP Road Closure Dates & Webcams:
2020 Spring Road Opening Dates
- April 17: Mammoth to Old Faithful; Madison to West Entrance; Norris to Canyon.
- May 1: Canyon Junction to Lake; Lake to East Entrance (Sylvan Pass).
- May 8: Lake to South Entrance; West Thumb to Old Faithful (Craig Pass); Tower Junction to Tower Fall.
- May 22: Canyon Village to Dunraven Pass/Chittenden Road (note Tower Fall to Chittenden Road is closed due to construction until 2022); Beartooth Highway
2019 Fall Road Closing Dates
- October 15: Dunraven Pass (Tower Fall to Canyon); Beartooth Pass (US 212 to Red Lodge, Montana) closed
- November 4: All roads close at 8:00 a.m., except the road between the North Entrance and the Northeast entrance.
General Road/Entrance Information:
- Road Construction for Summer 2020: An exact update for Summer 2020 has not been issued by the National Park Service (as of 10/2019).
- The road between Tower Fall and Chittenden Road (north of Dunraven Pass) will be completely closed until April 2022.
- North Entrance Gate will be under construction starting in 2020 and will take two years to complete.
- Most interior park roads are CLOSED to auto travel between early November and late April.
- The road from the North Entrance at Gardiner, Montana, through the park to Cooke City, Montana, via Tower Junction is open to auto travel twenty-four hours a day, all year.
- U.S. Highway 212 is closed to auto travel just east of Cooke City from late fall to late spring.
Recommended Businesses in the Greater Yellowstone Area:
Eco-Friendly Custom Log Lodge (sleeps up to 8), Gardiner, Montana – yellowstonevacationnrental.net
If you appreciate “life’s little things”, experience this recently restored 1920’s log home. Yellowstone River front property in town (sleeps 6), Gardiner, Montana – vrbo.com/722279
If you would like a recently built wooden home with a spectacular view from up on high, check out this place (sleeps 4), Gardiner, Montana – vrbo.com/997589
Yellowstone Gateway Inn (up-scale, newly renovated kitchen suites), Gardiner, Montana – yellowstonegatewayinn.com
Double T River Ranch (115 acres of Private Montana Paradise), Clyde Park, Montana – doubletriverranch.com
Yellowstone Grill, Gardiner, MT – excellent breakfast and lunch options! Occasional live music… (typically closed Mondays).
Two Bit Saloon, Gardiner, MT – burgers, fries, shrimp tacos, soup… Occasional live music downstairs.
The Corral, Gardiner, MT – a burger and shake kinda place! Nice outside seating in good weather!
Iron Horse Bar and Grill, Gardiner, MT – variety menu (burger, steak, fish, pasta, salad, etc.). On the Yellowstone River!